Mixed Herb Pesto Penne
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/3 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- About 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, grated or made into a paste
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- About 1/2 cup EVOO
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 1 small russet potato, peeled and diced into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1/3 pound haricots verts, trimmed and cut into thirds
Place the basil, parsley, cheese, mint, pine nuts, thyme, garlic and lemon juice in a food processor and season with salt and pepper. Turn the processor on and add the EVOO in a slow stream, blending until a thick sauce forms. Transfer to a large bowl.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook for 6 minutes. Add the potatoes and cook for 1 more minute. Add the haricots verts and cook until the pasta is al dente, 2 to 3 more minutes. Reserve 1 cup of the cooking water and add it to the pesto. Drain the pasta, then add it to the bowl with the pesto and toss to coat.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.