Orange-Balsamic Glazed Chicken
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts or any combination of light and dark meat
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 to 3 sprigs fresh rosemary, leaves chopped
- 1/3 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 scallions, whites and greens, finely chopped
- 4 cups baby arugula
In a large pan, heat the extra-virgin olive oil over medium-high to high heat.
Season the chicken liberally with salt, pepper and poultry seasoning. When the oil is hot and ripples, add the chicken and brown for 5 minutes, then turn and sprinkle with rosemary. Cook until the chicken is tender and cooked through, about 5 minutes more.
In a small bowl, stir together the marmalade, vinegar and stock and pour over the chicken. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until the sauce has thickened and becomes a thin glaze. Add the scallions during the last minute of cooking time. Arrange on a serving platter and serve topped with arugula greens.
Recipe courtesy Rachael Ray
Recipe courtesy of Jeff Mauro