Pan Seared Shrimp and Scallop Skewers
- 8 (6 to 8-inch) bamboo skewers
- 16 jumbo deveined, peeled shrimp
- 16 sea scallops
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika, 1/3 palmful
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, eyeball it
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley, a handful
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, 1 turn of the pan
Preheat a large nonstick skillet over medium high to high heat.
On bamboo skewers, thread 4 shrimp on 4 skewers, 4 scallops on each of 4 skewers. Season both shrimp and scallop skewers with salt and pepper on both sides. Combine paprika, crushed pepper, lemon zest and parsley in a small dish. Sprinkle combined herbs and spices over shrimp and rub. Add a 1/2 a turn of the pan of extra virgin olive oil, (1 1/2 teaspoons), to the hot skillet and sear the shrimps 3 minutes on each side or until curled and pink. Squeeze the juice of 1/2 lemon over the pan and remove to a warm platter. Return pan to the heat and add remaining oil. Cook scallops 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until caramel in color. Squeeze the juice of 1/2 lemon over the pan and transfer skewers to serving platter along side shrimp.
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse