- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, 2 turns of the pan
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons anchovy paste or 6 fillets flat anchovies
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (28-ounce) can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted good quality black olives
- Handful flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 prepared thin crust pizza shell (recommended: Boboli)
- 3/4 pound very thinly sliced fresh or fresh smoked mozzarella
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Add extra-virgin olive oil, garlic, anchovy paste and red pepper flakes. When anchovies (if whole) melt or garlic is tender, about 2 minutes, add tomatoes and olives. Simmer sauce 3 to 4 minutes. Top the pizza with sauce and the sliced cheese. Bake until pizza until cheese melts and crust is crisp, 10 minutes. Cut and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray