- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, 2 turns of the pan
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons anchovy paste or 6 fillets flat anchovies
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (28-ounce) can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted good quality black olives
- Handful flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 prepared thin crust pizza shell (recommended: Boboli)
- 3/4 pound very thinly sliced fresh or fresh smoked mozzarella
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Add extra-virgin olive oil, garlic, anchovy paste and red pepper flakes. When anchovies (if whole) melt or garlic is tender, about 2 minutes, add tomatoes and olives. Simmer sauce 3 to 4 minutes. Top the pizza with sauce and the sliced cheese. Bake until pizza until cheese melts and crust is crisp, 10 minutes. Cut and serve.
Recipe courtesy Rachael Ray
Recipe courtesy of Robin Miller