Rosemary-Garlic Steaks with Arugula, Tomatoes and Parmigiano-Reggiano
This is a simple supper my husband and I have often, especially in the warm summer months.
- 4 sirloin steaks, 1-inch thick, about 10 to 12-ounces each
- 2 cloves garlic, cracked from skin and halved
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling, plus 2 tablespoons
- 4 sprigs rosemary very finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper or grill seasoning, if desired
- 4 cups arugula leaves
- 1 pint multi-color, yellow or red cherry heirloom tomatoes or 2 medium vine-ripe tomatoes, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 lemon
- Parmigiano-Reggiano, for grating
Heat grill or grill pan to medium-high to high.
Rub room temperature meat with cut garlic. Drizzle the meat with olive oil, rub with rosemary and season liberally with salt and pepper or grill seasoning. Cook steaks 4 minutes on each side for medium, let rest 5 minutes then slice.
Dress greens and halved or chopped tomatoes with the juice of 1 lemon, 2 tablespoons olive oil and salt and pepper. Pile salad on top of sliced steak and garnish with long grates of cheese made with vegetable peeler.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.