Sausage, Peppers and Onions Stoup
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds hot or sweet bulk Italian sausage
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 to 4 cubanelle peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 medium-large onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 (15-ounce) cans or 1 (28-ounce) can crushed or diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, torn
- 1 cup shredded Parmigiano-Reggiano
Heat extra-virgin olive oil in deep skillet, add sausage and brown a few minutes then add garlic, peppers, onions and cook until soft, 6 to 7 minutes more.
Deglaze pan with a little vinegar, stir in stock and tomatoes and reduce heat to simmer, cook 5 minutes more then stir in parsley and basil and serve with cheese on top.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Open Faced Sausage, 3 Pepper and Onion Sandwiches with Provolone, Mixed Sausages Braised in Sauerkraut, Hard Cider, Apples and Onions, Smashed Sausage and Pepper Burgers, New York Strip Steak Recipes, Easy Chicken, Healthy Lunch Recipes, Carrot Soup Recipes, Baked Ham Recipes, Roasted Turkey Recipes