Spicy Chopped Salad
- 2 cups giardiniera Italian hot pickled vegetable salad ( pepperoncini, cauliflower, carrots and celery) drained, available on Italian foods aisle, chopped
- 2 romaine hearts, chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted good quality olives, any variety
- 1/3 pound stick pepperoni or stick salami, diced
- A handful flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar, eyeball it
- 4 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 3 to 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, eyeball it
- Salt and pepper
Combine salad ingredients in a bowl and dress salad with vinegar, extra-virgin olive oil, then season with salt and pepper, to your taste. In a small bowl, add 4 tablespoons pesto and a splash of red wine vinegar. Slowly pour in extra-virgin olive oil until the dressing just comes together. Drizzle the dressing over top of salad.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.