Spinach Salad with Strawberries and Basil
- 1 shallot
- 2 tablespoons aged balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon superfine sugar
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 1/2 cups small strawberries
- 2 to 3 cups spinach leaves, from a farmer's market
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 4 to 5 tablespoons EVOO
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Chop the shallot and put it in a small bowl. Add the vinegar, sugar and lemon juice and set aside.
Meanwhile, hull the strawberries and cut them in half. Transfer to a serving bowl along with the spinach and basil.
Whisk the EVOO into the vinegar mixture and season with salt and pepper. Toss the salad with the dressing and season with salt and pepper.
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray
Recipe courtesy of Katie Lee
Recipe courtesy of Ellie Krieger