Your Basic Tossed Salad
- 2 hearts romaine lettuce
- 2 small plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 Kirby cucumber or 1/4 European seedless cucumber, diced
- 1 small yellow onion or 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1 /4 cup (a couple of glugs) extra-virgin olive oil,
- 2 to 3 tablespoons (a couple of splashes) red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Coarse salt and black pepper
Place salad greens in a salad bowl and top with tomatoes, cucumbers, onion, and carrot. Place oil, vinegar and sugar in a small plastic container. Put the lid on the container and shake dressing until sugar dissolves, about 1 minute. Pour dressing over salad. Season salad with salt and pepper, to taste, and toss to combine.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.