- 2 pounds bacon, minced and cooked, drained
- 2 pounds ground beef, cooked and seasoned
- 4 cups cooked and small-diced potatoes
- 2 cups cooked and small-diced carrots
- 1 cup cooked and small-diced onion
- 1 cup English peas
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 4 sheets puff pastry
- 4 eggs, beaten
For the filling: In a bowl, blend the bacon, beef, potatoes, carrots, onions, peas, garlic, salt, pepper, ginger and nutmeg, mixing well, ensuring not to break the peas. Hold cold until construction.
For the crust: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Portion the pastry in 8 triangles, allowing the dough to soften. Next, brush the interior of the dough with egg wash. Fill with 2 to 3 ounces of filling. Bring the tip of the triangle to the edge to fold the sides and seal the pasties. Press the sides down to seal and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.