Duck and Apple Wontons
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
- 4 duck breasts, skinless
- 3 Granny Smith apples, peeled cored, and diced small
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh garlic (1 garlic clove)
- 1 teaspoon chopped red onion
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 16 wonton skins
- 1/2 cup duck sauce, soy sauce, Chinese hot sauce, or your other favorite dipping sauce
Heat oil in a hot saute pan. Sear duck breasts until medium rare. Remove and let cool. In the same pan, add apples and raisins, five-spice powder, garlic and onion, and saute until tender. Remove, from heat, add cilantro, and season with salt and pepper. When cool enough to handle, dice duck, add to apple mixture and mix well. Lay out the wonton skins. Spoon a little mixture onto each skin, fold over and seal by moistening seams with a little water, making sure that no mixture oozes out. Wontons can be deep-fried or steamed in a steamer basket. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.