Oatmeal Cookie Pork Chop
- 12 (4-ounce) bone-in pork chops
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1 dozen oatmeal cookies, store-bought or homemade
- 1/4 pound butter, room temperature
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons stone-ground mustard
- 3 tablespoons apricot jelly
- 1 teaspoon chopped chives
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Season the pork on 1 side with salt and pepper, to taste. In large heavy-bottomed pan, over high heat, add the grapeseed oil and heat until almost smoking. Add the pork chops, seasoned side down. Sear the chops until golden brown, 2 minutes per side. Remove the chops from the pan to a sheet tray or roasting pan.
In food processor, crush the cookies until they resemble bread crumbs, not a dust. In a medium bowl, blend by hand, the butter, panko, herbs, curry and cookies until the mixture resembles a well mixed crust. Combine the mustard and jelly in a small bowl. Evenly coat the top of each pork chop with the mustard mixture then cover with cookie mixture.
Roast the chops until cooked through, about 15 minutes. Remove the chops from the oven to a serving platter and garnish with chives. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.