Creamy Fusilli with Mushrooms and Chicken
- 1 pound fusilli
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 12 ounces sliced mushrooms (any variety)
- Cooked chicken fingers (about 12 strips), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup sherry
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup grated Havarti cheese
- 1/3 cup sliced black olives
Cook fusilli according to package directions.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and saute 3 to 5 minutes, until mushrooms soften. Add chicken and thyme and cook 1 minute. Add sherry and cook 1 minute. Add chicken broth and bring to a simmer. Whisk together flour and milk and add to chicken mixture. Simmer 2 to 3 minutes, until sauce thickens.
Remove from heat, add cheese and stir until cheese melts. Add fusilli and toss to combine. Fold in black olives. Serve green beans on the side.
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray