- 1 pork tenderloin or roast (about 2 pounds), cut in half
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 1 can (12 ounces) root beer
- 1 bottle (4 ounces) liquid smoke
- 1 cup Sassy Sauce, recipe follows, or your favorite barbeque sauce
- 8 hamburger buns
- Spicy bread and butter pickle chips, for serving
Place the pork tenderloin or roast in the bottom of a slow cooker and sprinkle with the seasoning salt. Pour the root beer and liquid smoke over the top. Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours. Once the pork is done, remove from the pan and shred with a fork. Place into a bowl and add in the Sassy Sauce, as well as 1/2 cup of the juice from the slow cooker. Serve on a bun with bread and butter pickles.
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
To make the sauce, add the ketchup, brown sugar and mustard and to a medium saucepan. Stir in the remaining ingredients and simmer over medium-low heat for about 15 minutes. Remove and serve with pulled pork sandwiches. Makes 1 1/2 cups.
A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.