- 1 package lasagna noodles
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 cans tomato soup
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 cups cottage cheese (small curd)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add salt. Boil noodles according to package directions. Drain and arrange in casserole (see below).
While noodles are boiling, brown beef in a large frying pan over medium-high heat, adding chopped onion, garlic and oregano to meat as it cooks. When meat has browned, drain off fat and then add tomato soup and apple cider vinegar. Simmer for 20 minutes.
Preheat oven for 350 degrees F.
Spray a medium casserole dish with a nonstick cooking spray. Lay noodles lengthwise across bottom of casserole dish. Spread a layer of cottage cheese over top of noodles. Add a layer of meat mixture, then cover with mozzarella cheese and repeat for a total of 3 layers. Finish with a layer of cheese and bake for 30 minutes or until bubbling. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes before cutting and serving.