Cheese Mousse in a 'Cone' with Spicy Tomato Sauce and Arugula Pesto
- Wonton Cones:
- 12 wonton wrappers
- Special equipment: Mini muffin pan
- Spicy Marinara Sauce:
- 1 (16-ounce) can tomato puree
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1 Vidalia onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt
- Red pepper flakes
- Arugula Pesto:
- 1 large bunch arugula
- 1 large bunch basil leaves
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Cheese Mousse:
- 1 Yukon gold potato, peeled
- 1/2 cup goat cheese
- 1/2 cup ricotta
- 1/2 cup feta
- 1/2 cup grated pecorino or Parmesan cheese
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup milk, plus more if needed
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Wonton cones: Put the wrappers in a muffin pan and bake in the oven until golden brown, about 4 to 5 minutes.
Marinara sauce: Put tomato puree, broth, carrot, celery, onion and garlic in a saucepan and cook over medium heat until reduced by 1/3. Add salt and red pepper flakes, to taste.
Arugula pesto: Put all of the ingredients in a food processor and puree until completely combined.
Cheese Mousse: Put the potato in a saucepan of cold salted water and bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook the potato until soft. Combine the cheeses in a mixing bowl. Dice the potato and add to the cheeses. Stir in the scallions and milk and mix until smooth. If necessary, add more milk to achieve a creamy texture. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cover and set aside.
To serve, spoon some spicy tomato sauce into the bottom of each wonton 'cone', top with cheese mousse and finish with arugula pesto. Arrange them on a serving platter and serve.
Food Network Kitchens have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.