Sideline Salmon (Caribbean Jerk Salmon)
- Caribbean Jerk Sauce:
- 1/2 cup roasted garlic olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/8 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cloves freshly chopped garlic
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- 1/2 cup diced sweet onion
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup juice nectar (recommended: Four Seasons)
- 1 tablespoon chopped thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground clove
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 mango, pitted and diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 fresh salmon fillet, skin-on, (2 to 3 pounds)
- A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.
Add all of the sauce ingredients to bowl. Mash to combine and crush the ingredients into a marinade. Let stand for 25 minutes.
Preheat a grill to medium, and the coals have a light grey ash color. Cook low and slow.
Put the salmon fillet on the grill, skin side down. Spread the jerk sauce over the fillet and grill for approximately 15 minutes, depending on the heat. Flip the fillet, remove the skin, then spread it with jerk sauce. Let it grill for an additional 15 minutes. Flip the salmon 1 more time to seal in the flavors. Remove the salmon from the grill to a serving platter and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.