- 6 slices bacon, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more for seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley leaves, for garnish
- Special equipment: 9-inch aluminum pie pan
In a large saute pan, over medium heat, cook bacon until crispy. Reserve bacon in pan with rendered fat.
Bring 6 cups salted water to a boil in a large pot. Poke holes using a pointed chopstick through the bottom of the aluminum pie pan to create a disposable spaetzle maker. Push the dough through the holes into the boiling water. Stir and cook for 3 minutes, or until dumplings float. Remove dumplings and immediately toss in pan with bacon. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper and garnish with parsley. Serve immediately.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.