Smoked Turkey Leg and Green Bean Salad
- 1 pound string beans, ends trimmed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small red onion, sliced in half moons
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and julienned
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, chopped
- Meat from 1 (1-pound) smoked turkey leg, skin removed and meat roughly chopped, 10 ounces
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over medium heat and add the string beans. Blanch until bright green, about 3 minutes, then transfer to an ice bath. Warm the butter and the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, a pinch of salt and pepper, and cook until they are softened but have no color. Add the bell pepper to the skillet and continue to saute another 2 minutes. Strain the string beans and pat dry. Add the beans, tomatoes, turkey and lemon juice and stir until all ingredients are evenly incorporated and warm. Transfer to a serving bowl, top with toasted pine nuts and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.