Lobster Stew with Roasted Red Pepper Potato Cakes
- 2 potatoes, peeled and diced
- Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 ears corn (cut from the cob)
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 12 lobster claws, cooked and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 small bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 roasted red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
Place the potatoes in very salty water and bring to a boil. Cook until soft and tender, 25 to 30 minutes.
While the potatoes are cooking, start the stew. In a pot over medium-high heat, add the olive oil, carrots, corn and onions and saute until the vegetables begin to sweat, 5 to 7 minutes. Add the crushed tomatoes, stock, tomato paste and garlic. Turn down the heat and simmer until the vegetables are cooked, about 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and fold in the lobster and cilantro. Remove from the heat, cover and set aside.
To form the cakes, grab a ball of the cooled potato mixture and pat into a 1-inch thick disc, about 3 inches in diameter. In a nonstick saute pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Fry the cakes until crispy and golden brown, about 3 minutes per side. Heat up the stew and serve with a potato cake on the side.
This recipe was created by a contestant during a cooking competition. The Food Network Kitchens have not tested it for home use, therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy Susie Jimenez