Bruschetta with Prosciutto, Ricotta and Arugula
Recipe courtesy of Ted Allen
Recipe courtesy Ted Allen, "In My Kitchen: 100 Recipes and Discoveries for Passionate Cooks," (Clarkson-Potter)
- 15 or so 1/2-inch slices from a baguette, cut on the diagonal
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for brushing
- 1 whole clove garlic, peeled, halved
- 1 cup fresh ricotta cheese
- 15 arugula leaves
- 4 ounces prosciutto or other salty, cured pork such as coppa, lomo or speck
- Best quality extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Place the bread on a baking sheet and brush both sides with olive oil. Grill the bread until golden all over, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Rub one side of each with the garlic clove.
Spread a tablespoon or two of the ricotta on each bread slice, then press an arugula leaf into the cheese. Place a slice of the prosciutto on top, drizzle with the best quality olive oil, and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.