Ancho Chili Powder
- 3 ancho chiles, seeded and hand-torn into pieces
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon sugar
This homemade chili powder will add a smoky depth to chili and as a dry rub for steaks. Toast the ancho chile pieces over low heat in a dry skillet until fragrant, shaking the pan so they don't scorch. Put the chiles in a mini food processor and pulse to a powder. Add the remaining ingredients and buzz again to combine.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.