Bacon and Brussels Sprout Hash
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 pints Brussels sprouts, cut in 1/2
- 1 pound fingerling potatoes, split down the middle
- 1/2 pound red pearl onions, peeled
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley, leaves roughly chopped
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
Set a large saute pan over medium heat and add a 2 count of olive oil. Cut bacon into long strips and add to pan together with thyme. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes to render the fat then strain and set aside. Add Brussels sprouts, potatoes and pearl onions. Season with salt and pepper and cook until slightly browned. Add chicken stock and steam for 3 to5 minutes until liquid has evaporated and vegetables are tender. Add balsamic vinegar and toss to coat. Cook until balsamic has reduced then fold in fresh parsley and bacon.
Recipe courtesy of Tyler Florence, 2008