Carpaccio of Raw Zucchini
- 2 zucchini (about 1 1/2 pounds total), sliced into paper-thin rounds
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 young leek, white and light green parts only, sliced paper-thin into rings and thoroughly cleaned
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh herbs, such as chervil, dill, chives, and chive blossoms
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- Fresh mint leaves, for garnish, optional
Shingle the zucchini slices in a single overlapping layer on a platter. Dust with salt and pepper, then drizzle with a 3-count of olive oil and the lemon juice. Put that into the refrigerator for about 10 minutes to give the flavors a chance to get into the zucchini. Now scatter the leeks over. Sprinkle with the herbs. Garnish garnish with the ricotta cheese and mint leaves, if using; serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.