Carpaccio of Raw Zucchini
- 2 zucchini (about 1 1/2 pounds total), sliced into paper-thin rounds
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 young leek, white and light green parts only, sliced paper-thin into rings and thoroughly cleaned
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh herbs, such as chervil, dill, chives, and chive blossoms
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- Fresh mint leaves, for garnish, optional
Shingle the zucchini slices in a single overlapping layer on a platter. Dust with salt and pepper, then drizzle with a 3-count of olive oil and the lemon juice. Put that into the refrigerator for about 10 minutes to give the flavors a chance to get into the zucchini. Now scatter the leeks over. Sprinkle with the herbs. Then garnish with the ricotta cheese and mint leaves, if using.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.