- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds cremini or button mushrooms, cleaned and quartered
- 2 lemons, zested and juiced
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 small bunch fresh thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Add 1/4 cup olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and cook them for about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the lemon zest and juice, garlic, thyme, and bay leaves. Pour over the remaining olive oil and season the mixture with salt and pepper. Pour into a bowl and allow to cool. Serve at room temperature.