Red Wine and Wild Mushroom Sauce
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 pounds assorted mushrooms, such as crimini, oyster, shiitake, chanterelle, or white, trimmed and sliced
- Leaves from 2 fresh thyme sprigs
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup Cabernet Sauvignon
- 1/4 cup reserved beef broth (drippings from roast) or low-sodium canned broth
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
Place a clean skillet over medium heat. Add the butter and a 2-count drizzle of oil. When the butter starts to foam, add the shallots and saute for 2 minutes to soften. Add the mushrooms and thyme; season with salt and pepper. Stir everything together for a few minutes. Add the red wine, stirring to scrape up any stuck bits; then cook and stir to evaporate the alcohol. When the wine is almost all gone, add the reserved beef juices. Let the liquid cook down and then take it off the heat. Stir in the cream and chives, and season with salt and pepper.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Tenderloin of Beef in Mushroom, Mustard and Red Wine Sauce, Rosemary Grilled Chicken Thighs and Wild Mushroom Sauce, Surf and Turf in Herbed Red Wine Sauce with Buttery Mushrooms and Creamy Leeks, Easy Breakfast, Mushroom Soup Recipes, Cranberry Sauce Recipes, Easy Dinner, Easy Dessert, Mushroom Salad Recipes