Veggie-rific Noodle-Free Lasagna
- 3 medium zucchini, ends removed, sliced lengthwise
- 1 large portabella mushroom, sliced into strips
- 1 large eggplant, ends removed, sliced lengthwise
- 2 cups canned crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, thoroughly drained and patted dry
- 2 tablespoons fat-free liquid egg substitute
- 1 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1 cup ground-beef-style soy crumbles, thawed from frozen
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat Parmesan-style grated topping
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Lay several paper towels next to the stove; as you cook the veggies, transfer them to the paper towels to drain excess moisture.
Bring a very large grill pan sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat on the stove. Add zucchini, portabella mushroom, and eggplant, and cook until softened, about 2 minutes per side. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine crushed tomatoes with garlic powder, onion powder, and Italian seasoning. Mix well and set aside.
Evenly coat the bottom of an 8-inch by 8-inch pan with about half of the seasoned crushed tomatoes. Evenly layer half of the sliced veggies over the tomatoes. Spread half of the spinach mixture into an even layer over the veggies. Top evenly with soy crumbles.
Evenly layer remaining veggies into the pan, placing them perpendicular to the first layer, followed by the remaining spinach mixture. Evenly cover with remaining seasoned crushed tomatoes. Evenly distribute mozzarella cheese and grated topping over the crushed tomatoes.
Bake in the oven until lasagna is hot and mozzarella cheese is golden brown, about 30 minutes.
Allow to cool slightly, cut into quarters, and enjoy!
PER SERVING (1/4 of lasagna): 265 calories, 4.5g fat, 926mg sodium, 32.5g carbs, 11g fiber, 13.5g sugars, 24g protein
Thank you! your flag was submitted.