Salmon is a great source of heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids and looks beautiful on a bed of vitamin C-rich broccoli. Topped off with colorful red pepper flakes and fresh cilantro, this bright, low-calorie meal takes under 20 minutes.
- One 15.5-ounce can low-sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 cups medium broccoli florets (about 8 ounces)
- Four 5-ounce salmon fillets, skin removed
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh cilantro, optional
- Kosher salt
Combine the beans, 3/4 cup water, hoisin sauce, red pepper flakes and garlic in a large skillet. Top with the broccoli, nestle in the salmon and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Once simmering, cover the skillet and cook until the salmon is flaky and just cooked through and the broccoli is crisp-tender, 5 to 6 minutes. Drizzle with lemon juice and sprinkle with cilantro if using. Add salt to taste and serve.
Serves:4; Calories 297; Total Fat 9 grams; Saturated Fat 2 grams; Protein 36 grams; Total Carbohydrates 20 grams; Sugar 3 grams; Fiber 6.5 grams; Cholesterol 64 milligrams; Sodium 529 milligrams
- Copyright 2012 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.