This speedy shrimp dish gets you whole grains, protein, vegetables and fruit all ready to go in 5 minutes (Pro tip: prep the couscous while the shrimp broils.)
- 1 cup whole wheat couscous
- 1/4 cup dried apricots, chopped (or golden raisins)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup 2-percent plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon prepared hummus
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint or dill
- Kosher salt
- 1 1/4 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails removed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon hot paprika
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
Preheat the broiler to high. Combine the couscous, apricots and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a bowl. Add 1 1/4 cups very hot water, cover with plastic wrap and let sit until all of the water is absorbed and the couscous is tender, about 5 minutes.
Stir together the yogurt, hummus, mint and 1 to 2 tablespoons water in another bowl. Season with salt and set aside.
Toss the shrimp, tomatoes, the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and paprika together. Spread out on a baking sheet and broil until the shrimp is opaque and cooked through, about 4 minutes. Drizzle with the lemon juice.
Fluff the couscous with a fork. Divide the shrimp and couscous among 4 plates. Scrape any of the drippings from the baking sheet into the yogurt-hummus sauce. Serve the shrimp and couscous with the sauce.
Per serving: Calories: 385; Total Fat 10 grams; Saturated Fat: 2 grams; Protein: 30 grams; Total carbohydrates: 47 grams; Sugar: 8 grams Fiber: 7.5 grams; Cholesterol: 180 milligrams; Sodium: 950 milligrams
- Copyright 2012 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.