Gingered Pineapple Chicken Skewers
- 2 (15 ounce) cans crushed pineapple
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast or thigh meat, cut lengthwise into 1-inch wide strips
- 1 medium scallion, thinly sliced for garnish
- 36 (6-inch) wooden skewers
Combine everything except chicken and skewers in a large nonreactive bowl and whisk to combine. Add chicken strips and toss to coat. Cover and marinate at least 4 hours.
When ready to cook, heat oven to 425 degrees and arrange a rack in the middle. Remove chicken from marinade (reserving marinade) and thread 1 piece of chicken on each skewer.
Arrange skewers on a foil-lined baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 10 minutes, flip skewers and baste with remaining marinade (you don't need to use it all). Bake about 5 more minutes, until golden brown on both sides. Transfer to a platter, garnish skewers with scallions, and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.