- 1 pound corn flour, ground for tortillas
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 2 tablespoons lard
- 1 onion, cut into small dice
- 8 ounces roasted pork, diced
- 8 ounces queso blanco, grated
- Serving suggestion: Refried beans
In a standing mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, combine corn flour, water, and butter. Mix until incorporated into dough. Let dough rest for 1/2 hour.
In a medium saute pan melt lard. Add onion and pork and cook until translucent, set aside and cool.
Portion the dough in small balls, approximately 1 ounce, and flatten with hands. Place approximately 1 tablespoon of the pork stuffing on top of each flattened dough and sprinkle with cheese. Cover with another flattened disk of dough and seal edges by pinching them together.