- 6 cups whole milk*
- Enriched Chocolate Sauce, recipe follows
- Rum to taste, optional
- Whipped cream, optional
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate shavings or small pieces
- Enriched Chocolate Sauce:
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 2 teaspoons dark rum
- 1/8 teaspoon grated orange zest
Heat the milk (or a mixture of cream and milk for a richer result) until it simmers and whisk it into the chocolate. Pour into individual cups and serve with rum or whipped cream, if using. Top with chocolate shavings.
*Note: this recipe can be made even more "evil" by substituting 2 cups of cream and mixing it with 4 cups milk.Enriched Chocolate Sauce:
In a medium saucepan over low heat, bring the cream, sugar, cinnamon and butter to a rolling boil. Remove from the heat, add the chocolate and stir until the chocolate melts. Add the rum and stir in the orange zest before serving.
Yield: 1/2 cup
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Ease of preparation: easy
Thank you! your flag was submitted.