- 3/4 cup butter flavored vegetable shortening, 140 grams
- 1 1/4 cup sugar, 300 grams
- 2 1/2 cups cake flour, sifted, 300 grams
- 3 teaspoons baking powder, 14 grams
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 egg yolks, beaten, 130 grams
- 3/4 cup milk, 180 grams
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 2 (9-inch) cake pans with shortening and set aside.
Cream together the shortening and the sugar. Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Slowly alternate adding the egg yolks and milk with the dry ingredients and mix until well combined. Add the vanilla and mix well.
Pour into the prepared pans, about 550 grams of batter for each cake. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on a rack.