Red Snapper en Papillote
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 (2-pound) whole red snapper, cleaned, head on
- 2 teaspoons salt, plus pinch for couscous
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small bunch fresh oregano
- 1 small bunch fresh parsley
- 1 whole lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1 cup drained and quartered artichoke hearts
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon butter
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Rinse couscous in fine mesh strainer, under cold water, lay out on parchment lined baking sheet and sprinkle with pinch of salt. Set aside. Cut parchment paper into 15 by 48-inch sheet. Fold in 1/2 and lay on baking/cookie sheet. Unfold and lay snapper diagonally on sheet pan on top of 1 layer of parchment. Salt and pepper fish, inside and out. Place herbs inside cavity of fish along with 1/2 of lemon, and 1/2 of red onion. Arrange couscous next to fish on all sides. Put garlic, and remaining lemon and red onion on fish and lay tomatoes and artichoke hearts around outside of couscous, creating somewhat of a wall. Pour wine over fish and dot with butter. Fold over edges of parchment paper, stapling if necessary, to create and almost airtight seal. Bake in oven for 30 minutes. Carefully open and serve (be aware of bones in the fish).
Thank you! your flag was submitted.