Anaheim Shrimp Scampi
- Scampi Butter, recipe follows
- 1 pound raw peeled and deveined 16 to 20 count shrimp, with tail on (recommended: tiger prawns)
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- 2 ounces Asiago cheese, cut into small chunks
- 1 avocado, large diced
- Spaghetti Squash, recipe follows
- Fresh arugula, for garnish
- Scampi Butter:
- 1/4 pound unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Dash white pepper
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 lemon, juiced
Place 2/3 of the scampi butter in a large saute pan over high heat and melt. Add in shrimp and cook for about 2 minutes, moving shrimp around in the pan. Sizzle with the white wine and cook until shrimp are opaque, only about another 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the remaining scampi butter, Asiago cheese, and avocado chunks. Serve over hot spaghetti squash and garnish with fresh arugula.
In a bowl with a wire whisk, mix together all ingredients until well blended.Spaghetti Squash:
1 medium spaghetti squash (about 3 pounds)
Slice squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds with a spoon as you would a pumpkin. Then completely submerge both halves in boiling water and cook for about 25 minutes, or until the inside is tender to a fork and pulls apart in strands. (It is better to undercook if you are not sure). Remove, drain, and cool with cold water or an ice bath to stop the cooking. Then use a fork to scrape the cooked squash out of its skin, and at the same time, fluff and separate the squash into spaghetti-like strands. Discard the skin.
You can reheat the squash strands by dipping with a strainer in boiling water just before serving.
Cook's Note: Spaghetti squash may be used in any recipe that calls for pasta. It is great plain with butter or with marinara sauce, scampi, or even alfredo.
Yield: 8 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Ease of preparation: easy
Nutrient Value Per Serving (Spaghetti Squash):
Total Fat: 0 grams
Saturated Fat: 0 grams
Carbohydrates: 5 grams
Net Carbohydrates: 4 grams
Fiber: 1 gram
Thank you! your flag was submitted.