- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus extra for loaf pan
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 stick cold butter, cut into pea size pieces, plus extra for loaf pan
- 1 orange, zested
- 3/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 orange, peeled, sections removed and diced
- 1 egg
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Special Equipment: 9 by 5-inch loaf pan
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a food processor combine the flour, sugars, salt, baking soda and butter. Pulse, pulse, pulse until the mixture resembles finely grated cheese. Add the orange zest, juice and the egg. Pulse, pulse, pulse until the mixture is just combined. Remove to a bowl and stir in the diced orange and cranberries.
Grease and flour the loaf pan and add the batter. Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Rotate the pan halfway through the cooking time to insure even cooking.
When done let cool for about 20 minutes and remove from loaf pan. Let cool completely before cutting.