Bacon Waldorf Salad
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound applewood smoked bacon, chopped
- 3/4 cup pine nuts
- 8 -ounces mascarpone cheese
- 8 -ounces creme fraiche
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bulb fennel, stalk removed, bulb thinly sliced
- 2 green apples, cored and chopped
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 cup green grapes, halved
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large saute pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat and saute the chopped bacon until crispy. Drain the bacon pieces on a paper towel.
Place the pine nuts on a baking sheet and toast in the oven until lightly golden, about 6 minutes.
In a large bowl, lightly whisk together the mascarpone cheese, creme fraiche, orange zest and juice, and lemon zest and juice. Season the mixture with salt, and pepper, to taste. Cook's Note: This will be your dressing.
Place the fennel salad in a serving bowl and top with the pine nuts and bacon.
Food Network Kitchens have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy Aria Kagan
Recipe courtesy of Tom Pizzica