How to make pesto:
Blend 8 cups packed basil leaves, 1 cup olive oil, 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts, 2 to 4 garlic cloves and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a food processor until almost smooth. Stir in 1/2 cup grated Parmesan.
1. Pesto Meatballs Mix 1 pound ground turkey with 1/2 cup each breadcrumbs and pesto, and 1/4 cup each milk and grated Parmesan. Form into small balls. Cook in a nonstick skillet with olive oil, 10 to 12 minutes.
2. Meatballs in Pesto Cream Make Pesto Meatballs (No. 1); cook until just browned, then add 1 cup chicken broth and 1/4 cup pesto and simmer until tender. Stir in 1/2 cup cream and simmer.
3. Pesto Burgers Make Pesto Meatballs (No. 1) but form into patties and grill. Serve on toasted ciabatta rolls with pesto, mozzarella, tomato and arugula.
4. Pesto Pizza Split a loaf of French bread and brush with pesto. Top with capicola, shredded mozzarella and grated Parmesan. Broil until the cheese melts.
5. Italian BLT Spread pesto mixed with mayonnaise on toasted bread; fill with crisp pancetta, sliced tomato and arugula.
6. Pesto Fritters Mix 1 cup each ricotta and chopped spinach, 1/2 cup flour, 1/4 cup each grated Parmesan and pesto, and 1/2 teaspoon baking powder; chill 30 minutes. Deep-fry tablespoonfuls in 350 degrees F vegetable oil until golden, 4 minutes. Serve with marinara sauce.
7. Pesto Butter Mash 3/4 cup pesto into 4 tablespoons softened butter.
8. Pesto Corn Grill or steam corn, then brush with Pesto Butter (No. 7). Sprinkle with Parmesan.
9. Pesto Sweet Potatoes Bake sweet potatoes at 425 degrees F until tender, 40 minutes. Quarter lengthwise and spread with Pesto Butter (No. 7).
10. Pesto Cream Tortellini Simmer 1 cup heavy cream with 1/4 cup pesto in a skillet until slightly thickened. Stir in 1/4 cup grated Parmesan. Toss with 12 ounces cooked tortellini and 2 cups steamed broccoli.