Bacon-Pork Pops on Lemongrass Sticks
- 1/2 pound thin-cut bacon, minced
- 1 pound ground pork butt
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon grated peeled ginger
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 stalks lemongrass, cut into twelve 4-inch sticks
- Sweet chili sauce, for dipping
Preheat the broiler. Lightly mix the bacon, ground pork, garlic, cilantro, ginger, sugar and soy sauce in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper.
Dampen your hands. Form the meat into 12 balls. Thread a piece of lemongrass halfway through each ball; press the meat mixture down the stalk to form a sausage-like shape, leaving some of the stalk uncovered for the handle.
Put the pops on a foil-lined broiler pan and broil until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Serve with sweet chili sauce.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.