Banana Cake with White Chocolate Macadamia Frosting
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons banana pudding mix
- 1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- Buttercream Frosting, recipe follows
- Macadamia nuts, dry roasted and finely chopped
- Buttercream Frosting:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, at room temperature
- 2 to 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/8 to 1/4 cup melted white baking chocolates
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place 12 cupcake liners into a cupcake pan.
In a medium bowl, cream the white sugar and butter. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Combine the flour, pudding mix and baking powder. Then add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Pour in the buttermilk and stir until the batter is smooth. Stir in the mashed banana. Pour or spoon the batter into the cupcake liners in the cupcake pan. Bake until the cake springs back to the touch, 18 to 20 minutes. Test cake doneness approximately 15 minutes into baking time. Cool.
To assemble: Frost the cooled cupcakes with the Buttercream Frosting. Roll the cupcake tops and sides in the macadamia nuts.Buttercream Frosting:
Slowly combine the butter into the confectioners' sugar, 1/2 cup at a time. After well incorporated, add white chocolate and vanilla. Whip well until light and fluffy.
This recipe was created by a contestant during a cooking competition. The Food Network Kitchens have not tested it for home use, therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.