- Olive oil
- 1 cup onions, diced medium
- 2 cups carrots, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups beefsteak tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 pounds stew beef, cubed
- 24 ounces beef stock
- Salt and pepper
- This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Add the stew beef and the beef stock. Add salt and pepper to taste. Reduce heat and let stew simmer for 1 hour 30 minutes. Stir periodically. Serve hot.
Recipe courtesy of Brian Hill, 2010
Recipe courtesy of Amy Thielen