Bluefin Toro Sashimi Salad with Matsuhisa Dressing
- 10 ounces sushi-grade bluefini toro tuna
- Sea Salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cups mixed baby greens
- Matsuhisa Dressing, recipe follows
- Matsuhisa Dressing:
- 3/4 cup finely chopped Maui onion
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Pinch sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered mustard
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 4 teaspoons grapeseed oil
- 4 teaspoons sesame oil
Preheat a grill or a broiler.
Sprinkle a little sea salt and pepper on the tuna. Briefly sear the tuna on all sides until its surface turns white. Plunge the fish into a bowl of ice water to stop it cooking any further. Shake off the excess water. Cut the tuna into 1/8-inch thick slices. Toss the greens with some of the Matsuhisa dressing and place on a plate. Top with the sliced tuna. Drizzle with a little more dressing.Matsuhisa Dressing:
Combine all of the ingredients except the oils. When the salt is fully dissolved, add the oils. Set aside.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.