Chicken Cobb Burger
- For the burgers:
- 8 (1/2- thick) strips bacon
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chicken, 90 percent lean
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 4 burger buns, split
- 1 large ripe beefsteak tomato, cut into 4 slices
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and cut into 8 slices
- For the vinaigrette:
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup finely shredded romaine lettuce
- For the burgers:
DirectionsFor the burgers:
Heat the grill to medium.
Place the strips of bacon on the grill (lay them across the grate so they don't fall through) and grill for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, until golden brown and slightly crispy. Remove the bacon to a plate lined with paper towels. Increase the heat of the grill to high.
Form the meat into 4 (8-ounce) burgers, brush with the oil and season with salt and pepper on both sides. Grill the burgers until golden brown on both sides and cooked completely through, about 5 minutes per side. Top the burgers with the blue cheese, close the cover, and continue cooking until the cheese begins to melt, about 1 minute longer.
Place the burgers on the bottom half of each bun and top with a slice of tomato, 2 slices of avocado, 2 slices of bacon and some of the dressed romaine. Cover each burger with the bun tops and serve.For the vinaigrette:
Whisk together the vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, Worcestershire, garlic, sugar, salt, pepper and oil in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before using to allow the flavors to meld.
Just before assembling the burgers, place the romaine in a medium bowl and toss with the vinaigrette.
Recipe courtesy Bobby Flay, 2007
The Ultimate Barbecued Chicken(00:04:07)
Simply Grilled Chicken Breasts(00:02:24)
Pat's Beer-Can Grilled Chicken(00:03:34)
Honey Orange BBQ Chicken(00:01:21)
Neelys' Grilled Jerk Chicken(00:03:40)
Chicken With Basil Dressing(00:03:28)
Recipe courtesy of Sandra Lee