Halibut with Charred Garlic Oil and Tomato Relish
- 1/2 pint red pear tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 pint yellow pear tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon leaves, plus 2 tablespoons, for garnish
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed to a paste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 (8-ounce) halibut fillets
Combine tomatoes, olives, onion, parsley, tarragon and extra-virgin olive oil in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.
Combine the garlic and the olive oil in a small bowl. Brush both sides of the halibut with the oil and let marinate for 15 minutes.
Heat the grill to high.
Season the halibut with salt and pepper, to taste, on both sides and grill until slightly charred and just cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. Remove from the grill to a platter. Garnish with tarragon and serve immediately with the tomato relish on the side.
Recipe courtesy Bobby Flay
Fillet of Halibut, served over Olive Oil Roasted Fingerlings, Topped with Pea Shoots and Blood Oranges
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse