Mint Marinated Grilled Shrimp Tabbouleh Salad
- 1/2 cup medium or coarsely cracked bulgur
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 3/4 cup baby arugula leaves
- 2 large green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped mint leaves, plus whole leaves, for garnish
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon or lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, mashed to a paste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Grilled shrimp:
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound shrimp (20 to 24 size), shelled and deveined
Grilled shrimp, recipe follows
Place bulgur in a bowl and pour the boiling water over. Cover with plastic wrap and let stand until bulgur is tender and most of the water is absorbed, about 1 to 2 hours.
Whisk together the lemon juice, garlic and oil and season with salt and pepper. Pour the mixture over the bulgur and season with salt and pepper.Grilled shrimp:
Heat grill to high. Season shrimp with salt and grill for 1 to 2 minutes per side or until slightly charred and just cooked through.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.