Poached Eggs on Toasted Baguette with Goat Cheese, and Black Pepper Vinaigrette
- Baguette, sliced lengthwise*
- Olive oil, to brush
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 ounces fresh goat cheese
- 2 thinly sliced heirloom tomatoes
- 4 large eggs, poached
- 1 cup micro arugula
- Black Pepper-Tarragon Vinaigrette, recipe follows
- Fresh chervil leaves, to garnish
- *Cook's Note: Not the super skinny kind of baguette
- Black Pepper-Tarragon Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Heat a grill pan and broiler.
Brush the halved baguette with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Put the bread onto a hot grill pan and grill cut-side down over high heat. Remove the grilled bread and spread the top of the bread with the goat cheese. Place the bread under the broiler and broil until the cheese is lightly golden brown. Top each slice of bread with a few slices of tomato and a poached egg. Cook's Note: Break the yolks on the sandwich.
Put the micro arugula in a bowl and toss with a few tablespoons vinaigrette and season with salt and black pepper. Top each egg with some of the greens and drizzle with more of the vinaigrette.Vinaigrette:
Whisk together the vinegar, mustard, tarragon, and salt in a medium bowl. Slowly whisk in the oil, until emulsified. Whisk in the honey and black pepper.