Bonus Market-Find Recipe: Cheeseburger Mashed Potato Parfaits
- 1 1/3 cups instant mashed potato flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 2 frozen meatless hamburger-style patties with about 100 calories each
- 2 slices fat-free American cheese, broken into small pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 4 teaspoons ketchup
- 4 hamburger dill pickle chips
In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine potato flakes, onion powder, salt, and 2 1/3 cups of water. Stir until completely moistened. Cover the bowl and microwave for 4 minutes, or until hot.
Once cool enough to handle, add sour cream and stir until blended and smooth. Re-cover the bowl to keep it hot and set it aside.
Prepare burger patties on the stove in a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray or on a microwave-safe plate in the microwave. (Refer to the package instructions for the exact temperature and cook time.) Once cool enough to handle, chop well. Set aside.
Cook's Note: This is not meant to be an under-five-minute recipe. It's just a fun way to use the instant mashed potato flakes featured in this episode!
PER SERVING (1/4th of recipe, 1 parfait): 168 calories, 1.5g fat, 634mg sodium, 29g carbs, 3.25g fiber, 4g sugars, 10g protein