- 8 -ounces beef tenderloin steak, trimmed of fat, and cut into a very small dice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cornichon pickles
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 small wedge Asiago cheese (about 1 ounce), finely grated
- 5 slices sourdough bread, cut into bite-size circles
- Olive oil, for brushing bread
- Mache, for garnish
In a mixing bowl, combine the beef, shallots, and pickles, and mix well. Add the egg yolk, mustard, and season with salt, and pepper. After mixing, give the mixture a taste and adjust the seasonings, if needed. Stir in half the Asiago cheese. Keep the mixture chilled.
Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
Place the bread rounds on a large baking sheet. Brush the bread rounds with oil and season with salt, and pepper. Toast the bread in the oven for a few minutes, until light brown.
Food Network Kitchens have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.