Brika: Tunisian Turnovers
- 1 can of tuna, drained of oil or water
- 4 medium sized baking potatoes, like russets, boiled and mashed
- 1/2 cup scallions, chopped fine
- 1/2 cups parsley leaves, chopped fine
- 1/2 cups cilantro leaves, chopped fine
- 2 to 3 ounces Greek feta cheese crumbled
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 tablespoon ground caraway
- 1/2 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 to 2 tablespoons capers
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups canola or vegetable oil
- 1 package egg roll wrappers
Place 2 cups of oil into a frying pan and heat. Open egg roll wraps (but leave them covered with a towel so they will not dry out). Take out 1 wrapper and spoon about 3 tablespoons onto 1/2 of the wrap. Fold to form a triangle. Repeat with the filling and wrappers until you have exhausted the mixture.
Place the brika into the hot oil and fry until it is all white on top. Turn the brika over and continue frying until light golden in color. Remove brika and place on a paper towel to drain the excess oil. Transfer to a clean plate.
The recipes for this program, which were provided by contributors and guests who may not be professional chefs, have not been tested in the Food Network?s kitchens. Therefore, the Food Network cannot attest to the accuracy of any of the recipes.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.